Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chicago Marathon Playlist

Loading my iPod with new "Chicago Inspired" tunes for the marathon next weekend! I have 4.1 hours of music to listen to, so let's hope I finish the marathon before my play list runs out.

I tried to find the most upbeat music, with different genres represented. You will not see anything by the popular Chicago band Fallout Boy because I think their music is terrible. And you will see that, despite my love for Kanye West's music (not Kanye himself), none of his new album made it on the play list either. Musicals are great, but again, not great for a running soundtrack, imho.

Enjoy this random sampling of tunes. If you have other ideas, lemme know!


1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White T's

1979 - Smashing Pumpkins

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago

Amazing - Kanye West

Battle Scars - Lupe Fiasco

Chicago - Sufjan Stevens

Chicago - Frank Sinatra

Don't Look Back - Boston
In the back of my mind, Boston is always there. In more ways than one.

Extraordinary - Liz Phair

Homecoming - Kanye West w/ Chris Martin

I believe I can fly - R. Kelly

In the Kitchen - Umphrey's McGee

Mannish Boy - Muddy Waters

My Kind of Town - Frank Sinatra

Never Know - Wilco

The Night Chicago Died - Paper Lace

Renegade - Styx

Seether - Veruca Salt

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco

Superfly - Curtis Mayfield

Superbowl Shuffle - 1984 Superbowl Champion Chicago Bears

Surrender - Cheap Trick

Sweet Home Chicago - Eric Clapton

Sweet Home Chicago - from Blues Brothers

Today - Smashing Pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment