Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Everything tastes as good as skinny feels. (Part Deux)

Yes, I know it has been WAY over 24 days since the 24-Day Challenge. Ma bad!

It's actually been about 44 days. Although I stopped taking the prescribed vitamin supplements and went back to my Women's One A Day after 24 days, I have continued to eat 6 small(er) meals per day: cutting back on dairy, pasta/bread, sweets, and coffee. The first 24 days I was probably 90% "on" and now it has probably dwindled to about 70%. Not bad.

I haven't had a burrito since January. I did, however, chow down on some cheese and crackers one day and ate an entire Subway foot long meatball sub with cheese another. They were on the weekends, and after major workouts. I hope that counts for something. (Yes, I can still take down a foot long Sub. I don't remember the last time I did that.)


1.) It will be really hard.
2.) I might be really cranky.
3.) I will look better.
4.) I will be hungry all the time.
5.) I will succeed with the 24 days, then go back to eating burritos because they definitely taste better than skinny feels.

1.) It is pretty hard, but not as hard as I thought. The worst part is meal planning, and deconstructing food.
2.) I haven't been cranky because I eat plenty of food. This is not a starvation diet - not even during the cleanse portion did I have to starve myself. In fact, I eat more throughout the day, just more fruits, veggies, and lean meats. In fact, I have gone through 4 dozen eggs, a couple jars of peanut butter, and 4 celery stalks in the past month or so. That's more celery than I've eaten in the past 5 years.
3.) I haven't lost any significant weight (maybe 2 pounds but still hovering at 134), but my tummy feels a bit more toned. Have you ever heard that it takes 90 days to see a difference? That might be the case. 
4.) I am not hungry all the time. See #2.
5.) I have not yet gone back to eating burritos, but I'm sure they taste just as good as they did 44 days ago.

To be continued . . . 

Before - February 11

Somewhere around day 30

No comments:

Post a Comment